There are times when more really is more. More travel, more versatility, more possibilities. Completely redesigned for 2020, the Cube Stereo Hybrid HPC 140 Race takes everything Cube has learnt about building mountain-taming e-bikes, and re-packages it into a 29er Bosch e-bike that’s even more capable. You’d probably guess from the RockShox Deluxe Select trunnion-mount shock and RockShox 35 Gold fork that they’re serious about its suspension capabilities, and you’d be right. Larger, more durable bearings and a Boost 148 rear end help make this our best-performing all-mountain e-bike to date, helped along by our Agile Trail Geometry and Efficient Trail Control kinematics. But that’s just part of the story.
The all-new, full carbon front triangle is full of neat touches like a semi-integrated seat clamp, integrated cable routing and one-screw drive unit cover. But star of the show is their new Modular Battery System, which houses the Bosch power unit securely completely within the oversized down tube, protected from the elements with a shock-absorbing cover. This new system isn’t just incredibly easy to use – with a push-button release and hidden lock – but also enabled their engineers to create enough space for an optional larger battery, for extended range. And there’s still room for a bottle cage mount, too. Sram’s trend-setting SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain helps transfer the fourth-generation Bosch CX drive unit’s power to the rear wheel, while powerful Shimano hydraulic disc brakes – with an oversized 203mm rotor up front – work with Schwalbe’s comfy, super-grippy 2.6in Nobby Nic tyres to give you all the control you need.
Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Race HPC Specifications:
- Frame – C:62 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, Aluminum 6061 T6 Rear Triangle, Efficient Trail Control, FSP 4-Link, Agile Trail Geometry, Boost 148, Full Integrated Battery
- Fork – RockShox 35 Gold, Tapered, 15x110mm, eMTB Approved, 140mm
- Headset – FSA Orbit Z 1.5B ZS, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/2″ (OD 56mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2″ (OD 56mm)
- Stem – CUBE Performance Stem E-MTB, 31.8mm
- Handlebars- Newmen Evolution SL 318.25, 760mm
- Grips – CUBE Race Grip 31mm, 1-Clamp
- Rear Derailleur – Sram NX Eagle™, 12-Speed
- Shifter – Sram SX Eagle™ Trigger, Single Click
- Brakes – Shimano BR-MT420, Hydr. Disc Brake (203/180)
- Crankset – ACID E-Crank, 34T, 165mm
- Chain – Sram SX Eagle™
- Colour – Green´n´Sharpgreen
- Shock – RockShox Deluxe Select, 185x55mm, Rebound Adjust, Trunnion Mount
- Cassette – Sram PG-1210 Eagle™, 11-50T
- Front Hub – Shimano HB-MT400-B, 15mm, Boost, Centerlock
- Rear Hub – Shimano FH-MT400-B, 12mm, Boost, Centerlock
- Rims – CUBE EX30, 32H, Disc, Tubeless Ready
- Tyres – Schwalbe Nobby Nic, PerfL, 2.60
- Saddle – Natural Fit Venec Lite
- Seat Post – CUBE Dropper Post, Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6mm (16″: 361x100mm; 18″: 403x120mm; 20″, 22″: 425x130mm)
- Seat Clamp – CUBE Srewlock Semi Integrated, 34.9mm
- Battery – Bosch PowerTube 625
- Drive Unit – Bosch Drive Unit Performance CX Generation 4 (75Nm) Cruise (250Watt)
- Display – Bosch Kiox
- Shock Hardware – Top: 54mm Trunnion Mount, Bottom: 22.2x8mm
- Charger – Bosch 2A
- Weight – 23,7 kg
Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Race HPC Details:
Mountain bike hybrid versatility has a new name, and that name is Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Race HPC. Built around Bosch’s new, fourth-generation drive system and drawing on their extensive experience of hybrid power, carbon frame construction and efficient suspension kinematics, it represents a new breed of all-mountain e-MTBs. Cube’s engineering team developed a brand-new concept for this frame, building the CUBE Modular Battery System to hide the Bosch power unit completely inside the sleek carbon down tube.
A tough cover provides protection and shock absorption for the battery, whilst push-button access and a hidden lock make it both easy to use and secure from unwelcome attention. Even better, the new system frees up enough space for the option of a higher capacity battery than before, which translates to extended range and longer days out in the mountains. The fourth-generation Bosch CX drive unit sits in its own housing, while the aluminium rear triangle features a Boost 148 axle for efficient power transfer, larger bearings for longer life and a linkage designed to fit a trunnion shock.
Their All Mountain Geometry is specifically designed to work with the suspension kinematics and Bosch drive system, offering handling that only Cube’s fully integrated design is capable of doing – stable, confidence-inspiring and fun. And of course it’s chain guide compatible, there’s a bottle cage mount for carrying tools or water, and integrated cable routing ensures that gears carry on shifting smoothly with minimal maintenance. Because who wants to spend time fiddling with their bike, when another day in the mountains beckons? All Mountain versatility, redefined: that’s the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Race HPC.